So since I have been doing mainly savory dishes thus far, I decided to mix it up and provide a sweet breakfast muffin recipe that is really easy to make and are absolutely delicious! The recipe, Paleo Morning Glory Muffins, uses savory vegetables, such as sweet potato and carrot, and transforms them into sweet muffins that are a perfect way to kick off you day! I know, vegetables in a muffin sounds crazy, but if you have like my previous recipes, you will love this one too! These muffins don’t require any butter or oil, which keeps them healthy! It even uses almond flour, as opposed to the starchy white flour. I hope you all enjoy! Now let’s get cooking!
*Makes 6 muffins*
- ½ cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/8 cup shredded carrot
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend well.
- Coat muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (or use paper liners to dazzle the cupcakes)
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until muffins are cooked all the way through (You can check by sticking a toothpick in the muffin; if it comes out without any muffin batter, it is ready to go!
- Allow to cool before serving.
Recipe adapted from: Carrots N Cake