I am so excited to be giving you guys this recipe for Baked Parmesan Zucchini! It is my favorite recipe to make when I need a little snack that’s a lot healthier than that bag of potato chips. It is so simple and easy to make that anyone can do it, including you!
Not only is zucchini delicious, it’s also good for you! It only has 17 calories per 100 g. Not only that, but it has no fats or cholesterol. This recipe elevates the simple zucchini to be more delicious and healthier than ever. The Parmesan adds a yummy cheese and salt aspect and by baking these zucchini “fries” instead of frying them, one maintains all the nutrients and that great zucchini taste that we all love! Now let’s get cooking!
- 4 zucchini, cut in half and quartered
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a cooking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchini onto cooking sheet. Drizzly with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Place cooking sheet with zucchini into oven and bake until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: Damn Delicious